Have you or a loved one suffered with pressure sores?
Each year hundreds of thousands of people suffer with pressure sores /bed sores whilst in Hospitals or Nursing homes.
This is shocking, when you consider that in most case pressure sores are preventable with proper assessment and nursing care.
Pressure sores are extremely painful and debilitating, and can be life threatening.
Older people are most at risk, but pressure injuries can affect anyone of any age who is immobile for a period of time.
Are you eligible?
On admission to a hospital or nursing home a risk assessment should be carried out to identify the risk of developing pressure sores and an appropriate care plan should be put in place.
The care plan can include regular repositioning/turning and the provision of suitable pressure relieving equipment such as mattresses and air cushions. Suitable nutrition and hydration are also very important factors.
We frequently see cases where people are not correctly assessed and suffer as a result of neglect.
Why contact Curtis Legal ?
- We offer a FREE, no obligation initial consultation
- There is No Financial Risk to you with our No Win No Fee promise
- We have Specialist Solicitors who are experts in pressure sore compensation claims
- We offer sensitive, specialist support to help you recover the compensation you deserve
Common sites of Pressure Sores
For people who use a wheelchair:
• Tailbone or buttocks
• Shoulder blades and spine
• Backs of arms and legs where they rest against the chair
For people who are confined to a bed:
• Back or sides of the head
• Shoulder blades
• Hip, lower back or tailbone
• Heels, ankles and skin behind the knees
Recent Settlement Case:
We obtained £42,400 compensation for Mrs A who developed a pressure sore having been given an epidural during childbirth. She had been unable to move for a few hours as a result of the injection and developed a pressure sore to her sacrum. The sore took a few months to heal at what was a crucial time with the birth of her child. The hospital admitted that they had been negligent in her care and the client was very happy with the terms of the settlement achieved.
Do you have a question?
Our specialists in Pressure Sores injury and Medical Negligence can speak with you directly about your potential claim.